The Best Instant Pot Applesauce
Over the past month, I have literally made quart after quart of applesauce to find the most perfectly seasoned flavor. My toddler, coworkers, and neighbor have voted, so get your apples and pears on deep discount and get ready to start peeling!
Every year, my family goes to Pippin Orchard, and picks about 10 pounds of apples. The bag is soooo large, I usually have to make two apple crisps and multiple rounds of applesauce. Since having a child, I have discovered the health benefits and cost savings of making homemade food at home using my instant pot. If you don’t have one, I would HIGHLY encourage you take the plunge…a world of recipes and time will open up to you!
The difference between this recipe compared to other applesauce recipes…the pears. The pears add a more complex texture so the sauce isn’t too runny. This sauce is also packed with flavor that both adults and kids will like.
- I would HIGHLY encourage you to use McCormick spices, so you can make the recipe as a gluten free option
- Place all of the peels and cores in the medium size bowl so you can dump into the trash or your compost
- If you would like a chunky applesauce, use a potato masher instead of the immersion blender.
Amazon Shopping List
While I truly recommend the items listed above, especially the apple slicer (life changing if you make a lot of apple recipes) as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases, at no cost to you.
Grocery Shopping List
- 4 pears
- 5 gala apples
- 2 granny smith apples
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- dash of nutmeg
Instant Pot Applesauce Instructions
- Take out all of your ingredients, a medium bowl and a cutting board
- Using a peeler, remove the skin of all the apples and pears into your medium bowl.
- Slice the apples with the apple slicer and place in your instant pot. Slice the pears using a knife and place in your instant pot. Be sure to place the cores in your medium bowl, you don’t want any seeds in your applesauce.
- Measure the cinnamon, sugar, water, and nutmeg and put into the instant pot.
- Place the lid on the instant pot and set on HIGH pressure for 5 minutes.
- Let the pressure release naturally for 20 minutes and then release the pressure.
- Using an immersion blender or potato masher blend the softened apples to desired texture.
- ENJOY your homemade Instant Pot Applesauce!